Bachelors in Economics and Management
How To Apply
To apply, click on this link
The Economics and Management program will provide you with an understanding of the important economic roles played by the business and financial sectors in modern economies. You will understand how they operate and develop key tools for analysing them. These are placed within the framework of core economic and quantitative principles to provide a strong set of analytical skills, highly relevant to the worlds of business and finance.
Degree requirements for this course are:
- Matric with at least 735 marks and FA/FSc with at least 660 marks
- American High School Diploma with at least 80% marks
- International Baccalaureate with at least 30 or above points out of 45
- GCE ‘O’ Level passes in 6 subjects with minimum 3 B’s and A Level with an average of C in 3 principal subjects. No credit in A Level will be given for any Advanced Subsidiary or General Paper or any other half credit course.
- Students who do not meet the initial admissions criteria (i.e. 735 marks in matric or 3Bs in O-Level) and expect to meet the final criteria (i..e. 660 marks in intermediate or average of C in 3 principal subjects in A-level) are also required to fill the online form. A special entrance examination and interview process will be held for these candidates after the declaration of A-Level/intermediate results.
Graduates from our program are highly successful in securing quality jobs. The ‘problem-solving’ nature of the subjects, the topical and applied focus of our programs and the experience gained on the professional placement greatly appeal to employers. Computing skills are often an additional asset.
Our graduates go on to work in the finance sector (including banking, accountancy and investment analysis), the corporate sector (including management training) and the public sector.Their job roles range from economic policy advisor, investment manager and financial economist.