Strict Standards: Declaration of MeriTaleemControllerprogram_detail::display() should be compatible with JController::display($cachable = false, $urlparams = false) in /home/meritale/public_html/components/com_meritaleem/controllers/program_detail.php on line 18
Notice: Undefined variable: limit in /home/meritale/public_html/components/com_meritaleem/models/program_detail.php on line 109
Notice: Undefined variable: limit in /home/meritale/public_html/components/com_meritaleem/models/program_detail.php on line 113
Bachelors in Economics and Social Sciences
How To Apply
To apply, click on this link
This degree provides you with a thorough grounding in the concepts and analytical tools of economics. We place particular emphasis on topics that relate to the analysis of financial markets and subsequent business decisions.
You develop knowledge of the principles of accounting and finance, the structure of business organisations, and current economic problems, as well as microeconomic and macroeconomic theory.
We also equip you with a range of transferable skills, such as communication and interpersonal skills, teamwork, problem solving and computer skills, which will be highly valued in a wide range of careers.
Degree requirements for this course are:
- Matric with at least 735 marks and FA/FSc with at least 660 marks
- American High School Diploma with at least 80% marks
- International Baccalaureate with at least 30 or above points out of 45
- GCE ‘O’ Level passes in 6 subjects with minimum 3 B’s and A Level with an average of C in 3 principal subjects. No credit in A Level will be given for any Advanced Subsidiary or General Paper or any other half credit course.
- Students who do not meet the initial admissions criteria (i.e. 735 marks in matric or 3Bs in O-Level) and expect to meet the final criteria (i..e. 660 marks in intermediate or average of C in 3 principal subjects in A-level) are also required to fill the online form. A special entrance examination and interview process will be held for these candidates after the declaration of A-Level/intermediate results.
Graduates can get degree in economics along with Social sciences and it is a powerful academic foundation that provides you with the opportunity to develop skills employers value in employees. These include: oral and written communication, interpersonal, teamwork, technical, analytical, critical thinking, organizational, and problem solving skills.