Bachelors in Medicine and Surgery
How To Apply
To apply, click on this link
The Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) program will qualify students to pursue these specialties, and many others, after graduation. The progression of medical knowledge depends upon research, and the UMDC can assist students whose interests lie in becoming a clinical researcher. MBBS program is designed to teach the art and craft of medicine to help students achieve their specific goals.
Degree requirement for this program are:
- FSc /A Level 60% or DAE 2nd Division.
- The candidate who has passed the Intermediate Science (FSc) Examination (Medical Group) securing at least 60% marks in aggregate, unadjusted, from a Pakistani University or an equivalent examination of a Board of Secondary Education in Pakistan.
- The candidate who has passed any other examination of a foreign University or examining body, which contains the subjects declared as essential by Council in scope and standard, is found equivalent upon certification by the IBCC to the Intermediate Science (FSc with 60% marks) Examination of a Pakistani University or Board of Secondary Education,
- The candidate who has passed an examination higher than the FSc of a Pakistani University with Biological Sciences provided she has passed the Intermediate Science (FSc Examination) (Medical Group) securing at least 60% marks in aggregate, unadjusted, from a Pakistani University or an equivalent examination of a Board of Secondary Education in Pakistan and she shall be eligible. However, the appearance in the central entry test arranged by Provincial Authority is compulsory for admission in MBBS/BDS program.
Medical practitioners may work in private practice; public health; academia/teaching; research; aid organisations; the defence forces; and/or a combination of these areas. Some of the specialties/fields available to graduates are:
- Academic medicine
- Accident and emergency
- General practice
- Intensive care
- Medical administration
- Medicine (general medicine, cardiology etc)
- Obstetrics and gynaecology
- Occupational medicine
- Pathology/histopathology/microbiology (haematology)
- Public health medicine
- Rehabilitation medicine
- Sexual health
- Sports medicine
- Surgery (general surgery, neurosurgery etc)