Bachelors in Finance and Maths & Stats
How To Apply
To apply, click on this link
This program acts as a bridge between Finance, Mathematics and Statistics. You will develop thorough mathematical and statistical expertise while broadening your skills base. There is a strong emphasis on statistical techniques in data analysis and on the use of mathematical models.
Degree requirements for this course are:
- Matric with at least 735 marks and FA/FSc with at least 660 marks
- American High School Diploma with at least 80% marks
- International Baccalaureate with at least 30 or above points out of 45
- GCE ‘O’ Level passes in 6 subjects with minimum 3 B’s and A Level with an average of C in 3 principal subjects. No credit in A Level will be given for any Advanced Subsidiary or General Paper or any other half credit course.
- Students who do not meet the initial admissions criteria (i.e. 735 marks in matric or 3Bs in O-Level) and expect to meet the final criteria (i..e. 660 marks in intermediate or average of C in 3 principal subjects in A-level) are also required to fill the online form. A special entrance examination and interview process will be held for these candidates after the declaration of A-Level/intermediate results.
A degree in financial math and statistics should not mean that you are automatically required to dress in a business suit and work in a Stock Exchange. Other career paths allow you to use your skills outside of the traditional office setting. The field of agriculture needs statisticians to help analyze plant and animal experiments, as well as to interpret the data.