Bachelors in Social Sciences with Political Science & Economics
How To Apply
To apply, click on this link
Political Science is the most common university degree for individuals wishing to pursue a career in law or in public administration and politics. Training in Political Science is ideal for students planning to attend law school as our discipline focuses on many of the same skills and knowledge bases required of law students; these students may wish to complete a Minor in Law and Society. This includes analytical thinking and effective communication as well as expertise about the nature of government and institutions. Likewise many Political Science graduates find the field offers solid preparation for a career in the civil service and of course pursuing political interests.
Degree requirements for this course are:
- Matric with at least 735 marks and FA/FSc with at least 660 marks
- American High School Diploma with at least 80% marks
- International Baccalaureate with at least 30 or above points out of 45
- GCE ‘O’ Level passes in 6 subjects with minimum 3 B’s and A Level with an average of C in 3 principal subjects. No credit in A Level will be given for any Advanced Subsidiary or General Paper or any other half credit course.
- Students who do not meet the initial admissions criteria (i.e. 735 marks in matric or 3Bs in O-Level) and expect to meet the final criteria (i..e. 660 marks in intermediate or average of C in 3 principal subjects in A-level) are also required to fill the online form. A special entrance examination and interview process will be held for these candidates after the declaration of A-Level/intermediate results
Although most people, if asked, would presume the only thing you can do with a degree in Political Science is go into politics or law school, nothing could be further from the truth. Sure, with a Poli Sci degree, many people go onto law school. Others become Political Consultants, Lobbyists and even Diplomats. These are typical careers but there are many others. But, just having a degree in Political Science opens up other doors you probably wouldn't even think of, simply because of the skills you learn while studying it.